Unitarian Universalist Community of Cambria
Unitarian Universalist Church of Cambria
786 Arlington St. - Cambria, CA 93428 - 805-395-4055
Sunday Service at 10:00am
UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST COMMUNITY OF CAMBRIA (UUCC)
786 Arlington St., Cambria, CA 93428 (Arlington Facility) Phone: 805-395-4055
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 64, Cambria, CA 93428
Web Site: www.uuccambria.org
UUCC Facility Use Application and Agreement
Event Title__________________________________________ Application Date_____________
Name of Applicant: ______________________________________________________________
UUCC Member Host or Liason:_____________________________________________________
Refreshments Served? Yes / No Use of Audio/Visual System? Yes / No
Attendance: Open to Public____ Private Event ____ If private, alcohol served? Yes / No
Attendance Estimate: Adults________ Children________
Non-Recurring : Event Date____________ Start Time*:_____________ End Time*:___________
Recurring: Start Date____________ Start Time*:_____________ End Time*:__________
End Date:____________ Frequency_______________
FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY *including prep and clean-up Approval Checklist
____ Host or liaison a UUCC Member
____ Financial arrangement adequate/acceptable
____ Private event if alcohol served
____ For recurring event indirectly connected to the UUCC,
Form BOE-267-O submitted to the State Assessor
Event Approved? Yes / No Reason for denial:______________________________________
UUCC Administrator Signature:_________________________________ Date:_______________
Distribution: Original-Administrator’s File; Copies—Originator, Operation Committee Chair
UUCC ARLINGTON FACILITY USE POLICY
1. Disclaimer: The applicant shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Unitarian Universalist Community of Cambria, its officers, agents, employees, and congregation from all claims or demands for injury to any person associated with the applicant and for losses to the applicant’s property arising out of the use of this agreement.
2. Use Guideline: The UUCC encourages the use of this facility for advancing a positive social objective, consistent with UUCC principles, or promoting the general welfare of the wider community and encourages users to be sensitive to the facility’s use as a place of gathering, worship, and caring by our church family.
3. Advertising: Print ads, posters, publicity releases, flyers, and web information shall imply a sponsorship by or affiliation with UUCC.
4. Use Limit: The Applicant shall use the facility for only those activities described in the application and only those amenities agreed upon.
5. Supervision: The Applicant shall provide and be responsible for the supervision of all participants, including children, while on the premises during the set-up, the event, and the clean-up.
6. Compliance: The Applicant shall comply with all local, state, and federal government regulations and all UUCC policies regarding use of the premises.
7. Regulations: The UUCC reserves the right to establish the rules and regulations which it deems necessary for the safety, care, and cleanliness of the premises.
8. Available Hours: 8 AM to 9 PM Monday thru Thursday, 8 AM to 10 PM Friday and Saturday, and 3 PM to 10 PM Sunday. Loud music or other noisy events are not suitable during regular Mon - Fri office hours.
9. Set-up / Clean-up: The event must be scheduled to allow for set-up and clean-up within the available hours. Clean-up guidelines are posted near the NE entrance and must be followed.
10. Smoking: The entire Arlington facility and parking adjacent parking area are a smoke-free zone.
11. The sale of alcoholic beverages is not permitted in the Facility. Alcohol may be served, responsibly, at private events only.
12. Parking: Parking is available in the adjacent parking lot, the overflow lot near the public restrooms, and on the streets as the county ordinances allow. On-site parking: During business hours from 8 AM – 6 PM Mon –Sat, there are two on-site parking spaces available.
13. Occupancy: Do not exceed the maximum occupancy of the Arlington facility: 70 persons.
14. Furniture: The facility has 54 stackable padded chairs, 6 folding chairs, and three 5’ x 2.5’ tables. Furniture shall NOT be removed from the facility and shall be returned clean and undamaged.
15. Refreshment Center: The facility has a refreshment area that includes a microwave, a coffee maker, and a small refrigerator. Bring prepared dishes only and your own supplies. No cooking is allowed.
16. Audio/Visual: The Facility is wired for sound and has an overhead projector. Also available are a podium microphone, lavaliere, and two hand-held microphones, each with a stand. External sources (such as a laptop) and adapters are not available.
17. Key Pick-Up: The UUCC point of contact will make arrangements with the Applicant to open and close the facility.